Edit Better, Work Faster, Earn More
Enrollment for Post-Production Pro is currently CLOSED
Are you tired of having to settle for low-paying drone gigs on the job sites like DroneBase?
Are you tired of trying to win a client, only to hear, “Well, my friend’s 14-year-old nephew has a drone and can do it for half the price?”
What would your business and life be like if you had the confidence and skills to land huge clients like ESPN and HGTV?
What if I told you that most of the value from “drone jobs”, doesn’t even come from flying a drone?
Over the last two years of running Drone Launch Academy, I’ve discovered the key ingredients behind how some drone pilots are able to work only with high-end clients and charge thousands, while others struggle to get by.
Below, I’m going to show you…
- The 2-key differentiators between the uber-successful drone pilots and the ones that merely flounder,
- What you need to do so you don’t have to scrounge for drone jobs going to the lowest bidder, and
- How you can equip yourself to break into the commercial drone space, even if you’re just a hobbyist right now.
I’ve talked to a lot of drone pilots over the years who aren’t satisfied with where they’re at.
They got into the drone industry with big hopes and dreams.
Some were recently retired from their years of hard work and wanted to make some side income by flying drones.
Some were in jobs that paid the bills (but not one they were passionate about) and saw drones as a way to forge a new path into an exciting and lucrative field.
They got some money together, went out and bought the latest DJI drone, set it up and learned how to fly it around without killing any innocent bystanders, maybe they filmed a cool video of their kids or grandkids playing soccer.
Then they went out to try to find some of this fabled and luxurious “drone pilot work”!
Maybe you’ve tried some of their approaches…
You walk up to a real estate agent and offer to take some drone photos and video of a listing they have. The real estate agent asks you how much you charge. You tell them your price. They get back to you and say, “well, my friend’s 14-year-old nephew just got a drone and he can do it for half the price. Sorry.”
Or maybe you head over to one of the popular drone job sites on the internet. Clients just lining up to give you work? Sounds great!
But then you look at the payouts… $50 to take some photos of a property that’s an hour away. $100 to shoot some video that’s going to take you half a day with drive time.
At that rate you might be better off getting a job at your local fast food joint.
(Don’t get me wrong, at the very beginning, it might be worth taking some of those low paying gigs so you can get some flying experience and test out the waters.)
But you aren’t going to make a satisfying living doing that type of work. And did you really jump into the drone industry to be making peanuts on small gigs?
What if there was a way where you didn’t have to compete with the 14-year-old nephew with a drone?
Or scrounge for low paying drone gigs on the internet?
How do you make a drone business like that a reality?
That’s why we created Post-Production Pro, the step-by-step playbook for drone pilots who want to learn to create drone videos like the Hollywood pros, land their dream clients, and earn more.
This course will teach you everything you need to know to be able to create and edit jaw-dropping drone videos that will wow potential clients!
In Post-Production Pro, you’ll learn…
- Super simple step-by-step instructions to becoming incredibly comfortable with professional editing software that many others (think: your competition) would find intimidating.
- The #1 key drone setting that will allow your drone to perform at its best and let your computer’s editing software do the heavy lifting (hint – bland color settings work best).
- How to plan out your drone shots to get smooth, buttery footage that makes jaws drop.
- Alex’s editing hacks to speed up the post-production process by 10x (including Alex’s custom created “Grease Lightning” preset that makes processing your 4k shots faster than ever).
- How to use video effects, titles, and transitions to make your videos look like they were done by a seasoned pro and not by an amateur who is just starting out (think of Mr. 14-year-old nephew).
- How to adjust the color and picture settings in the editing software to get the exact look and feel that’s right for your project.
- Advanced editing techniques like mirrored earth, the speed ramp time-warp, how to make slow-motion look good (and not choppy), and how to create captivating timelaspes
This course includes…
- 22 bite-sized video modules to walk you through everything you need to know about how to create Hollywood-style drone videos.
- Printable text instructions to go along with each video lecture.
- 50 clips of awesome 4k drone footage for you to use (so you don’t have to worry if you don’t have any footage of your own to use).
- 11 software presets that will allow you to create great video effects, proper coloring, and other editing essentials without spending a bunch of time setting things up.
It’s taken Alex YEARS of blood, sweat, and tears (well, maybe just sweat and tears) in order to gain the expertise and skill that he teaches you in this course. These are the same post-production and video editing techniques that Alex uses for his clients that pay him thousands of dollars per gig.
You might be thinking, “Well, that all sounds great, but how do I know it’s any good?”
This is our first time ever opening up the Post-Production Pro course, but we previously launched a mini-course on video editing, also taught by Alex, which only taught a fraction of what’s inside of Post-Production Pro, and students loved it.
Here's what those students had to say...
“Thanks! I learned a lot! Especially about ingesting the video and using the proxies! This made my entire workflow so much better!”
- Jason Hoegle
“I am forever thankful … I love Alex's teaching style!”
- Terell Moorer
“It helped me finally overcome my fear of using Premier Pro.”
- Kyle Sheffer
“I really appreciate your well-paced and specific instructions. Though I have used some Adobe tools in the past, it was mostly tinkering without a clear objective. Needless to say, your direction was very helpful.”
- Paul Hubner
“Thanks Alex for your informative tutorial… I now have the knowledge to start making my own videos.”
- Mike Long
“I don't have Adobe Premiere yet but I tried to practice some of the things I learned from Alex… I learned much more than this shows! Thanks for the course!”
- Kevin Burns
“Loved all of his videos – so helpful!!”
- Maddy Washburn
“Thank you so much for the course, it was very interesting!! I [learned] a lot!”
- Nicola Ianeselli
“I am pleased with how much I learned. I used DaVinci Resolve 14 to edit. Though not Adobe Premier, I was able to transfer the lessons learned. Thanks again.”
- Steve Kokko
Frequently Asked Questions
Bonus Course Add-On (Free)!
Since this is the first time we are releasing Post-Production Pro, we wanted to sweeten the deal a bit, so we decided to also include Aerial Photo Pro: Fast Track to Pro Photos.
In this add on course, Alex teaches you how to make epic looking drone photos using Adobe Lightroom and other software.
We are going to sell this as a separate course in the future, but for this launch only, we are including it for FREE.
What’s it all worth?
Since this is our first launch, we wanted to try to pack in as much value as humanly possible for you to help make it an easy decision.
Let’s recap what you’ll get when you sign up for Post-Production Pro…
- 22 modules of video instruction along with printable text guides ($497 value)
- 50 clips of 4k stock drone footage… 4k stock drone footage is selling for $75 or more per clip on the world’s most popular stock footage site, Pond5. So this is actually worth $3,750! ($75 x 50 clips) … I think Alex went a little overboard on that one.
- 11 software presets... including Alex's custom "Grease Lighting" preset ($50 value)
- Aerial Photo Pro – Bonus Course ($97 value)
I know online courses often give themselves outrageous values to show “what a deal” you’ll be getting, but Alex and I honestly tried to put an accurate number on each of these items, based on what else is out there.If you take a look, I think you’d find the about the same numbers.
But, if you add all that up it comes to over $4,300 in stuff that comes with this course.
Cost and Enrollment Window...
Since it’s our first launch, and we want to make it as accessible as possible to everyone on the first go around, we are offering the course this time for either a one-time payment of $197 or 3 monthly payments of $79 each.
Alex and I were going back and forth, even in the middle of the night on Monday night on if we should make it more expensive, but we decided to keep the price where it is.
Enrollment is open until Friday, May 25th, at midnight Eastern Time.
Let me be clear. The price will DEFINITELY go up the next time we decide to open the course. So if you want to get in while it’s still cheap, now’s your chance.
(Also, the Aerial Photo Pro course will be sold as a separate add on the next time we open the course back up for new enrollments).
We think you’ll love the course.
Actually, we guarantee it…
Alex and I are so confident that you will be blown away by what you’re getting with the course, that we’ve included a 30-day, no questions asked, Post-Production Pro Guarantee.
If you sign up before the enrollment window closes, try out the course, and decide that it wasn’t worth the $197 (or $79 for 3 months), then just let us know and we will refund your money on the same day.
No hard feelings. No questions asked.
We literally want to take all the risk on this.So go ahead and CLICK BELOW to sign up! Get in there and start becoming a Post-Production Pro right now!
This course is not open for enrollment.
Alex Harris is an award-winning drone pilot, videographer, photographer, and film editor.
He has worked on projects for large networks and corporations such as HGTV, Nike, Intel, ESPN, and Discovery Health.
As a former Hollywood editor for network TV and film, Alex has edited everything from animated features to broadcast television to commercials.
His work has carried him all over the world, working on projects from LA to Europe.
Alex is excited to partner with Drone Launch Academy in order to make professional aerial photography, cinematography, and video editing skills accessible to everyone, even those who don't have any experience working with drones or professional editing software.
StartWho the heck is this guy? What are we Learning? (2:21)
StartResolution, Frame Rate, Video File Types, Importance of Data Rate (3:28)
StartRAW Format and Aerial Photography (0:34)
StartPC Requirements & Why (4:24)
StartBest Settings for the Cinematic Image (1:57)
StartPlan your route before-hand, shoot calmly (1:35)
StartFilm until its awkward (3:19)
StartSurveillance, Scout out the shoot (0:55)
StartEdit out of Utility and keep your shots moving (1:11)
StartSo Many Drones Out There! Which is one is for me? (4:33)
StartDrone Pilots #1 Amateur mistake. THE HERKY JERKY. (1:59)
StartGetting the True Cinematic Image - 24fps (3:13)